October 2, 2007

Pakistan Vs South Africa Test & ODI: Mohammed Yousuf will play in the 2nd test

Mohammed Yousuf is one of the dependable and efficient batsmen. He is not playing the first test along with South Africa in the home series because of his injury. How he is hopping that he will play on the second test on 08 Oct 2007 at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

"I haven't practiced for the last two months and I told the selectors yesterday that I won't be playing in the first test," Yousuf told reporters.

"I have no injury, but I felt I was not match fit," he added.

"I have not received any document from the ICL and I just opted out of the first test on match fitness," he said.

"Selectors did not ask me about my match fitness when they announced the squad.

"During nets yesterday I felt I needed some more time before I should play in the test matches."

Meanwhile, he has got read up form the injury. He did not join the Twenty20 World cup last month too. No doubt that he is like a rudder of Pakistan batting line up. After his joint, it will be stronger.