January 21, 2008

Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai the Attractive pair

Prominent director Ashutosh Gowariker has made the historical movie Jodhaa-Akbar where he has formed two historical character one Jodhaa and another Akbar. Here, he has fascinated the relation between Jodhaa and Akbar after marriage.

Gowariker said, “I feel if today we make a story about the past, it must be correlated to the present. And 'Jodhaa-Akbar' is as relevant to the present as arranged marriages. Jodha and Akbar shared a perfect arranged marriage. I was fascinated by how their relationship must have grown after marriage.”

The two most craze of Bollywood Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan acted in the lead character of the movie is set to hit on15 February. The movie is dubbing in Telugu and Tamil language.

About Jodhaa-Akbar, Gowariker said, “Jodhaa-Akbar is to me a historical. Anything after 1857 is a period film for me. Anything before that is a historical. Jodhaa-Akbar is certainly not a costume drama. It isn't set in a never-never land. I'd call Mughal-e-Azam a historical though its focus was different from mine. I've taken extreme care to make sure viewers believe in the relationship.”

About the religious difference between Jodha and Akbar, he said, “it’s important but not stressed in my film. Let's not forget, Akbar's marriage to Jodhabai was no common occurrence. It had a nationwide reverberation 450 years ago when society was far more conservative. How did their marriage affect those times? That's a question relevant even today. But I'm not jingoistic in my treatment.”

Gowariker has said about the pair of Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan- That won't be a problem. The audience will come in and forget everything about Hrithik and Aishwarya. Hrithik-Aishwarya's pairing is incredible. They're extremely charismatic and good-looking. They were a huge success in the contemporary Dhoom 2. That can only help my film, not harm it.

What audiences will see in my film are Jodha and Akbar. At least that's what I've tried to ensure through their looks, body language and behavior. I wanted to make my historical as believable as I'd like to see it being.

http://www.hindustantimes.com