On 5th June 2009, with the match between England and Netherlands the second season of the ICC Twenty20 World cup 2009 will be started its way. Twelve teams are taking parts in this tournament. The opening ceremony, opening match and the final will be held at Lords’ that is called the center point of cricket or modern cricket. Previously, England arranged three world cricket festivals such as, first World Cup one-day international cricket in 1975, secondly 1999 world Cup and 2004 Champions Trophy. This is the forth time England is going to celebrate this kinds of festival.
To make women cricket popular, the year 2009 will celebrate the two final matches in a day on 21 June 2009. That day women World Twenty20 final and men Twenty20 final will be held in the same ground Lords’. Twelve men’s teams and 8 women teams will be take part in the different tournaments but the final or closing ceremony will be held in same day and same ground Lords’.
With the match between SA Women and WI Women at Taunton the ICC Women's World Twenty20 2009 will be held in English gourd too. All the matches will be played at Taunton and the inaugural math will be taken place on June 11 at 10:00 local, 09:00 GMT.
According to Local time of England the inaugural Mach England vs Netherlands will be played at 17:30 local and 16:30 GMT. But for the Indian fans it will be aired at 22:00 IST similarly for Bangladesh and Sri Lankan time it will be at 22:30 but according to PST it will be at 21:30.
Asian time is most important for cricket business because 4 top rated countries always take parts these kinds of festival. May be 90 percent of cricket fans live in this area. The time will be very odd for the Oceania regions’ fans.
- * Australia — Fox Sports (Live)
- * Australia — Nine Network
- * Bangladesh - BTV (Live)
- * Canada — Asian Television Network -ATN (Live)
- * Europe — Eurosport2 (Live) (including France, Denmark, Algeria, Sweden, Austria, Finland, Monaco, Cyprus and Russia)
- * India — STAR Cricket and ESPN (Live), Doordarshan (selected matches only)
- * Japan - Hum Tum TV (Live)
- * Middle East —Arab Digital Distribution (Live)
- * New Zealand — SKY Network Television (Live)
- * Pacific Islands — Fiji TV
- * Pakistan — Pakistan Television Corporation - PTV (Live)
- * South Africa — Supersport (Live)
- * Sri Lanka — Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation (Live)
- * United Kingdom — Sky Sports (Live), BBC - Highlights
- * United States — DirecTV (Live)
- * West Indies - Caribbean Media Corporation (Live)
There are some TV channels that will telecast all the matches of World Twenty20 second season 2009 including Opening ceremony.