February 1, 2007

Shoaib is hopeful to play in the next Cricket World Cup ‘07

Shoaib became seriously injured in the second test at Port Elizabeth earlier this month between Pakistan and South Africa. He is hoping that he will be fit for the next world cup.

Features South Africa reported

"I was willing to take injections and bowl in the second innings of the test, but doctors told me I should not take the risk of a further injury," Shoaib told reporters on Wednesday.

"I was told to return to Pakistan and recover from my injury to prepare for the World Cup which is my main target now."

The 31-year-old strike bowler, who has a history of breakdowns, was also diagnosed with fluid in his knee.

He was left out of the original squad for South Africa because of poor fitness, but said he was 80 percent fit.

In South Africa, Shoaib was involved in an altercation with coach Bob Woolmer, which was caught on television, at the start of the second day's play in Port Elizabeth.

He said the issue had been resolved.

"There was an incident and it occurred because of a misunderstanding," Shoaib said. "Woolmer didn't realise how serious my injury was and I reacted strongly to his queries. But it is now sorted out."

Shoaib was forbidden for two-year in November after testing positive for taking. After the test the result comes to his favorer it was his first test.