"I was willing to take injections and bowl in the second innings of the test, but doctors told me I should not take the risk of a further injury," Shoaib told reporters on Wednesday.
"I was told to return to
The 31-year-old strike bowler, who has a history of breakdowns, was also diagnosed with fluid in his knee.
He was left out of the original squad for
He said the issue had been resolved.
"There was an incident and it occurred because of a misunderstanding," Shoaib said. "Woolmer didn't realise how serious my injury was and I reacted strongly to his queries. But it is now sorted out."
Shoaib was forbidden for two-year in November after testing positive for taking. After the test the result comes to his favorer it was his first test.