January 21, 2008

Review of Jodhaa Akbar: will release on 15 February 2008


JODHAA AKBAR, a true love story which was placed between a great Mughal emperor and a Rajput princess. The film has acted by beauty queen Aishwarya Rai and Hrithic Roshan. We all know about Aishwarya’s beauty but we don’t know a secret good quality of her. And that is Aishwarya can sing as well. The news was hidden at first but exposed by AR Rahman. Just music composer AR Rahman discovered this excellence within Aishwarya gave away the sweet secret of Aishwarya at the music launch of JODHAA AKBAR.

AR Rahaman says, “There is an interesting story behind the song called Mana Mohana (song devoted to Lord Krishna) in the film, which is sung by singer Bela Shende. Initially Gowariker wanted Aishwarya to dub for the song, as he believed that she could sing the tune splendidly. However our dates never worked out. When Ash was ready I was busy recording something else and vice versa. The co-ordination didn’t happen. So Bela went ahead and sang this wonderful song.”

He added more, “Also I have sung one song myself, which is called Khwaja Mere Khwaja, a prayer which is regularly sung at Ajmer Sharif durgah. I had composed the song for myself much before Jodhaa Akbar was conceived! I just happened to make Gowariker hear the song. He loved it and said he wanted the song in the film.”

You would not see Amitabh Bachchan in the movie but he gave her voice in all set of the film, the same task he did for Gowariker Oscar-nominated Lagaan.

Amitabh Bachchan says about the movie JODHAA AKBAR, “Ashu included me in the cast and crew of Jodhaa in his speech. This is a little unfair for others as I am just giving a voiceover to the film. My association with Ashu goes back to Lagaan where I did the same. Lagaan did very well and I am sure Jodhaa Akbar will also repeat its success. My work in Jodhaa hasn’t started as yet.”