December 19, 2007

Tennis player Chakvetadze’s home was robbed by thieves

Anna Chakvetadze is on of the most important Tennis players in Russia. Recently the World No. 6 tennis player and her family have been rubbed on Tuesday morning.

"Five to six unknown people wearing masks climbed over the fence of the country house at about 4:00 a.m. Moscow time (1:00 a.m. British time), then broke into the house and tied her parents up," a police spokesman was quoted as saying by the Russian media.

Another important quote form ASSOCIATED PRESS that also reported that Six assailants approached the home before dawn, tied up a maid in another building and forced her to hand over a remote control enabling them to enter the house through the garage, Dzhamal Chakvetadze told NTV. “They started to beat me, and I resisted. They hit me over the head with, I think, a pistol butt. It was dark,” he said, taking off his cap to show his bruised scalp. “They took out a pistol and told me my child was at home – reminded me – and they told me to hand everything over. I did.”