August 19, 2007

Twenty20 World Championship: Brett Lee’s Returns

Brett Lee, the top first blower in the cricket world who is also the warning for any batsman. Though he was not a partner of the last world cup winner of Australia but the cricket fans will see him in the Twenty20 World Championship in South Africa next month. He was not on the Australia for the major surgery on torn ligaments in his left ankle. Talking with media he expressed himself likes so:

Crickinfo reported:

"I'm fit and refreshed and felt I could have gone flat out a month ago, but I've had to be patient," Lee told The Sunday Telegraph.

"Now I'm back running flat out and felt like I was bowling at full pace again. As each session has gone on I've got quicker and quicker. I'm back to bowling where I finished up before the injury."

Keenly aware, however, that the retirement of Glenn McGrath has increased the focus and burden on him, Lee said: "But I don't want to be like I was six months ago, I want to keep improving and become a better player."