Government of India is going to award scholarship for Bangladeshi students who are the children of Freedom fighter of liberation war. The students, who are study in Higher Secondary and Under Graduation level, are eligible to apply for the scholarship. In the press release that noticed on the official website of the High Commission of Indian of Bangladesh is below.
High Commission of India, Dhaka
October 4, 2010
October 4, 2010
October 4, 2010 - Applications invited for award of scholarship to the descendants of Muktijoddhas in Bangladesh by the Government of India
Applications are invited from direct descendants of Muktijodhas, who are pursuing Undergraduate and Higher Secondary studies in Bangladesh, for award of Annual Scholarships by the Government of India, for Academic year 2010-2011.
2. Amount of Scholarship is Tk 2000/- per month for four years for Undergraduate students and Tk 500/- per month for two years for Higher Secondary students.
3. Eligibility (applicable for both categories)
· Male students who have secured GPA 3 and above and Female students who have secured GPA 2.5 and above and have obtained admission in a recognized institute for continued study.
· Those students who have already received scholarship in the previous year need to re-apply alongwith proof of having passed the previous academic year with acceptable GPA.
· Average Family Income less than Tk 8000 per month.
4. Application Procedure:
· Application in English addressed to High Commission of India, Dhaka. Application form can be downloaded from www.hcidhaka.org
· One passport size colour photograph of the applicant.
· Monthly family Income certificate duly signed by Chairman of Village/UNO/ TNO/any Class I Gazetted Officer.
· Copy of Muktijodha Certificate issued only by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
· Name of Educational Institution, Proof of Admission and attested copy of applicable mark sheet.
· Photocopy of voter/National ID card/Students ID card.
5. Applications must be forwarded directly to High Commission of India, House #2, Road # 142, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh before 15 November 2010.
6. The Government of India, reserves the right to reject any or all applications received without assigning any reason.