February 5, 2008

Vidya Balan is in Bangla Cinema

Vidya Balan, who made her acting debut in a Bengali film 'Bhalo Theko' with Gautam Haldar’s. Now, again she is doing another Bengali film with the director. She express her feeling about to come back in Bengali film like this- “I feel I was a Bengali in my past life, even my first Hindi film Parineeta had a Bengali cultured where I played a character named Hashi and Tanujaji was with me. She has also played many Bengali films in the past time.”

Vidya added, “Kolkata is home for me, so I thanked to the Bengali film industry that welcomed me first when I had no chance in the Hollywood film industry. I’ve always honored from the land of noted director Satyajit Ray.”

Vidya’s Bhool Bhulaiya is also a Bengali ambience. Vidya says about the film, “I worked hard for the character and thought that kids would hate me for the threatening role because, I scare them. But, I was invited later as a radio jockey in Lage Raho Munna Bhai.”

Now, Vidya has only a schedule in Bollywood in Aziz Mirza’s ‘Kismet Konnection” that is a quite different from all my previous works. Besides, Vidya played with Ajay devgan as supportive wife in Halla Bol that has released recently. She is proud for the work however it become hit or not in box office.

Vidya says, “Probably it’s the amnesic wife in Salaam-e-Ishq, and the schizophrenic wife in Bhool bhulaiyaa or the supportive wife of a philandering star in Halla Bol. I’m proud all of my acted film whatever it in box office.”

Vidya says about not to sign any big banner that I want to work with all and I’m sure it will happen in the right time. source