January 27, 2008

Adam Gilchrist side goodbye to Test Cricket

Adam Gilchrist, Australian wicket-keeper batsman, who has announced his departure from Test & ODI cricket. He declared it after taking the world record of dismissal after finishing a glorious cricket carrier. And he will depart after ending the fourth test match against India on Monday and his last ODI match will finish by the end of Commonwealth Bank (CB) Series that will finish in March.

During many years, Gilchrist has been trued in different country for the benefit of country and for himself and has been suffered various distressed with his wife and three children. However, Gilchrist’s departure announcement news has bought grief for his team-met and fans. This became as a surprise to them

Gilchrist said on last Friday, “I'll let people know when I'm going to retire. It may tomorrow or in 12 months. Now I’m going to keep focusing on giving the things I’ve got to this them.” Also he told his team-mates in an emotional moment that he was leaving them. Gilchrist said, “I’ve come to this decision after thinking much with my family and my most important persons. My family and I are fortunate because this cricket and my country have given many things to me.”

Gilchrist was born in New South Wales in Australia, made his test debut replacing Lan Healy in Brisbane, played 96 Tests matches till now and has bagged 414 dismissals, which is one more than South Africa’s Mark Boucher. Gilchrist was an aggressive cricketer, who brought a limited-over approach to Test, is the first wicket keeper batsman who perform 100 sixes in the format and most centuries as a wicket-keeper batsman, his strike-rate is 80s. He collects 6000 runs and is one of only three players to have won a trio of World Cup titles.

Gilchrist said, “I’m ready now for my future life and can pass more time with Mel, Harrison, Annie and Archie.” He thanked to his state, country, teammates and his fans for enjoyable and fun career anyone could hope for. Only remaining tow wicket fall before Gilchrist will appear at Adelaide Oval and he will be celebrated like Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Justin Langer were last year. Source Cricinfo