September 28, 2009

Happy 80th Birthday, Lata Mangeshkar

Lata Mangeshkar is my favorite singer ever. I used to listen her song from my early life still now. Today she is celebrating her 80th Birthday and I am going to wish with my article. The melody queen is recipient of the most prestigious Indian highest civilian honor Bharat Ratna. She was born on September 28 in 1929. She also feature her me in Guiness Book of World Records.

We all know her as a singer but she also acted in a Marathi film in the 1942 as heroine’s sister. She started her study on classical music at the age of 9. Despite of using Persian langue at home, she has sung almost all the languages of India. It is about 60 years ago, in 1946; she earned money by singing as song for music dire Datta Davjekar and the amount was Rs 600.

Recently, Radio City 91.1FM in association with Sa Re Ga Ma has bought out her all songs in 8 CDs. She unfolded the collections that has been collected by the Radio City just a day ago of her birthday.